Why I am writing this blog

Why do we blog? Many of us use blogs as a diary - we feel good when we have written about us, what we're up to, our day's activities; we feel unburdened and uplifted when we share with others about families and life in general. We make new friends through blogging - great! So what is my intention of starting a blog? I thought about it quite a bit. Let's be honest, blogging takes time; and that is something many of us don't have much of. I love writing, but it has to have a purpose. I guess, I'm just one of those burdened creatures who need to have goals and actually achieve something. When I was small, a strong work ethic became part of my life. I watched my parents adhere to it and most other people around us (not all, mind you), and it sort of got drummed into me. I must admit that even to this day I don't feel well in my skin if things around me aren't organised and reasonable tidy, and my 'to do' list isn't 10 meters long.

So why blog? I am coming to a point in my life where I have learnt and experienced many things. Probably more than most. Getting older, I also realise how short our time is on this earth and how important it is to make it count for our Lord. I have always tried to do that, but when we are young we think we're going to live forever and have all the time in the world (at least we seem to behave that way). But when the hour glass is running down we become more conscious of the fact that the Preacher of Ecclesiastes was sooo right when he penned the last 7 verses of that book (look them up :-).

Hence my desire to pass on a few of the pearls of wisdom the Lord has allowed me to collect over the years. There will be food for thought in many areas of life, including spiritual growth, and I hope you will enjoy what you read. I'll leave the deeper theological areas to another blog called 'Truth Headquarters' - provocative enough? It's a new project of ours that will take a little while yet before it can traverse the netwaves, but I'll give you a hint: I am currently working on a 'Hot Potato' Bible Study series, with No. 1 being the first in production.

Anyway, I think you get the idea. My best wishes to whoever may venture to read this. Hopefully we will meet one day (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

With Christian love, Margaret


Comments

Popular Posts