JUDY'S 70TH BIRTHDAY - JOYFUL POEM


by Amy Shamblen on Unsplash

Judi is a dear Bible Study friend and a lady with many talents. One of them is poetry. I hope you'll like what she wrote for her 70th birthday (you'd never guess her age!). Her secret to keeping young? Rejoicing in the Lord always and living up to her name (it's Young - hee hee). Enjoy...

It’s a wonderful view from the top of the hill
Looking back at the valley below.
And it’s been a long climb, over hurdles at times,
But the blessings are all mine, I know.

My children aren’t perfect and neither am I
But our love will overcome all.
I wouldn’d change them for a million quid
For then I’d have nothing at all.

They’ve all got partners to help them along
And kids of their own to love,
And now their kids have also got kids
All gifts from our Father above.

As I look back o’er the years that have gone
And think of the things I have done
I’m hoping that down by the other side of the hill
There’s plenty more yet to come.

So I, now having reached my three score and ten,
I’m hoping for strength of days
To watch all the children grow up big and strong
And for that I’ll give God all the praise.

© 2009 Judi Young

Comments

Marinela said…
Really beautiful poem :)

Popular Posts